Burns & McDonnell Corporate Quality Manager - Electrical (Multiple Locations) in Appleton, Wisconsin
* Summary:* Responsible for completing inspections and tests under the direction of the Site Quality Supervisor.
* Essential Duties and Responsibilities* include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
Write exact and accurate inspection reports daily.
Effectively communicate with foreman and superintendent to assure specifications and code inspections are met.
Understand and interpret NEC and NFPA codes, specifications, and customer requirements.
Verify work is being performed and documented in accordance with the AZCO quality program, site quality plan, inspection and testing plans and applicable procedures.
Assist with scheduling any necessary 3rdparty testing that may be required.
Assist with project turnover of quality related items and documentation.
Maintain accurate reports of quality control inspections.
Participate in the Jobsite Safety Observations (JSO's) process and define corrective measures for problem areas
Comply with all Safety & Health requirements and monitors construction activities to ensure adherence to safety standards.
* Supervisory Responsibilities:*
No direct supervisory responsibilities. Under the direction of the Site Quality Supervisor, oversee the quality process at assigned site and assist in the supervision of on-site employees to ensure quality programs and regulations are being followed.
To perform the job successfully an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Analytical* – Understands and uses complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs affect means to accomplish procedures. Interprets complex codes and standards.
* Design* – Demonstrates attention to detail the ability to draft technical documents.
* Problem Solving* – Identifies and resolves problems in a proactive manner; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics; ability to diffuse confrontational situations. Must be able to troubleshoot.
* Technical Skills* – Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others. Background and thorough working knowledge of various electrical codes and standards to include but not limited to:
The National Electrical Code (NEC)
The National Fire Protection Association NFPA
Electrical installation best practices.
* Customer Service* – Identifies with AZCO’s approach to proactive implementation and coordination of our quality plans with those of customers and continually sells quality and safety to our employees. Manages difficult or emotional situations; responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments promptly.
* Interpersonal skills* – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control.
* Oral Communication* – Speaks clearly and persuasively in a positive manner; listens and gets clarification responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in/conducts meetings.
* Written Communication* – Writes clearly and informatively; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read interpret written information.
* Teamwork* – Gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interest; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
* Ethics* – Treats people with respect; Inspires the truth in others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values.
* Judgment* - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
* Motivation* – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
* Planning/Organizing* – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
* Professionalism* – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
* Safety and Security* – Observes and ensures compliance of safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; responds to potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials safely.
* Adaptability* – Adapts to changes in the work environment; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
* Attendance/Punctuality* – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
* Initiative* – Undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; asks for and offers help when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Education and/or Experience:*
High School diploma or GED; and related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Successful candidates shall have a minimum 6 years of verifiable electrical experience on industrial projects .
* Computer Skills:* To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet Explorer and a strong background in MS Excel, Word, and Blue-Beam.
* Travel Requirements:*
Must be available to travel to jobsites not yet determined for the duration of a given project.
* Physical Demands:* The physical demands described here are representative if those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk to hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
* Work Environment:* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions including extreme heat and extreme cold temperatures. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; uneven terrain; welding conditions, overhead load exposures; fall hazards; moderate to high noise levels; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places and fumes of airborne particles.
Primary Location US-WI-Appleton
Travel: Yes, 100 % of the Time
Req ID: 220712
#LI-TS #ACO N/A