Burns & McDonnell Manager of Metal Fabrication in Appleton, Wisconsin
* Summary: Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished with prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.*
* Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.*
• Asses incoming bid requests from client with assistance from the Estimating Department.
• Prepare and/or review estimates and proposals while working with Estimating Department.
• Reviews project proposals or plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, and procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
• Prepares initial budget based on estimate with assistance from Project Controls.
• Assembles kick-off meeting as required to inform all departments involved in schedule.
• Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project and establishes schedule with Project Controls.
• Prepares information for vendor subcontracts and coordinates material purchase orders with material procurement. This would involve creating purchase requisitions as well.
• Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority with project team.
• Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel (including Project Controls) to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
• Reviews status reports and modifies schedules or plans as required.
• Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
• Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
• Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
• Coordinates timely shipments to meet customer’s schedules.
• Responsible for timely change management and contract changes.
• Resolves any outstanding issues to ensure prompt payments.
• Prepares job close.
* Supervisory Responsibilities: Oversees the Metal Prefabrication employees, including direct oversight with craft employees, project management and administrative staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.*
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Education and/or Experience:*
* Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four year college or university in construction, engineering, or similar field, and 5-7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.*
* Computer Skills:*
* To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advanced knowledge of Microsoft 365 products. Experience with bid, scheduling or construction software is a plus.*
* Other Skills and Abilities:*
• Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Organized, detail oriented, and very thorough.
See Job Description above
Job Construction Services
Primary Location US-WI-Appleton
Req ID: 220341
Not Applicable #ACO N/A