Burns & McDonnell Payroll Specialist in Appleton, Wisconsin
* Summary:* Responsible for processing union payroll, reports, and government taxes.
* Essential Duties and Responsibilities* include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
Coordinate with field management staff to collect union new hire paperwork. Ensure information is complete and accurate, following up on any issues or missing information.
Verify union I-9 forms have been completed according to government regulations and documented in the ERP system. Follow up with field management staff on any errors or inconsistencies.
Create union employee record in ERP system, updating employment data or status changes. Ensure severance, termination, and disciplinary forms are reflected appropriately.
Process union payroll and ensure paychecks are distributed on time.
Respond to and resolve any union employee payroll inquiries.
Process employment verifications and unemployment claims by deadline outlined. Escalate unemployment hearing notices to Human Resources.
Submit new hire reports to state agencies.
Process child support and other court orders as necessary.
* Qualifications* – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Education and/or Experience:* High School Diploma or equivalent; at least three years payroll experience required; emphasis in construction payroll desired.
* Computer Skills:* To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of payroll or accounting software; 10-key experience required; MS Excel; and MS Word.
See Job Description above
Job Construction Services
Primary Location US-WI-Appleton
Req ID: 220339
Not Applicable #ACO N/A