Burns & McDonnell Staff Electrical Engineer in Chicago, Illinois
* Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate work requiring judgement in the independent evaluation, selection, adaptation, and modification of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria. Perform work involving conventional engineering practices. Coordinate departmental and divisional project studies and report preparation assignments. * Prepare electrical substation physical layout design. Interface and coordinate with other disciplines including protection and controls, communications, civil and structural, transmission line, project and/or program management, public relations, permitting, and contractor coordination and construction support as needed to successfully execute and develop deliverables for high and extra high voltage substations (HV and EHV).
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a directly related field plus three (3) years of related experience, including field services for power utility or electrical design in a similar field, such as nuclear or other power generations.
Two (2) years of experience with the following:
- Understanding electrical power system function and design
- Developing scopes of work, conceptual designs, and execution plans
- Preparing engineering cost and man-hour estimates and schedules
- Protection and control design, including panel arrangements, one lines/single lines, three lines, AC schematics, DC elementaries, equipment wiring, and relay panel wiring
- Preparing calculations for studies and reports, including grounding, lighting protection, or AC/DC load studies
- Preparing equipment specifications for procurement and/or factory acceptance testing
Will accept a Master’s degree plus two (2) years of aforementioned experience in lieu of Bachelor’s plus three (3) years of experience.
40 hours/week. Day shift. Multiple openings. Qualified applicants please submit resume to www.burnsmcd.com/careers. Requisition ID 201105.
Job Electrical Engineering
Primary Location US-IL-Chicago
Req ID: 201105
#LI-DNP #T&D *IND-DNP*