Burns & McDonnell Remediation Project Manager in Kansas City, Missouri
The Environmental Services (ENS) Global Practice of Burns & McDonnell is currently seeking a Project Manager to support and build a Remediation Design and Project Execution team. We are open to locations throughout the U.S. The candidate should have an established and successful history managing large complex projects (focus on DoD) and leading technical teams, including but not limited to developing proposals and cost estimates, evaluating and selecting remediation technologies, designing and implementing integrated remediation solutions, developing strategic plans for new business, and recruiting and hiring key personnel to support growth.
Leadership responsibilities associated with this position include project management, technical leadership, and client relationship development and maintenance.The successful candidate should possess a diverse remediation technical background, project/program management skills, and significant remediation investigation, consulting, and execution experience.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for managing technical aspects of investigation and remediation projects and may serve as a subject matter expert and technical support resource for projects within the national Remediation Technical Practice Area. Duties will also include the management of individual projects and the supervision and coordination of multidisciplinary project teams.Projects will range from multi-million dollar remediation programs to smaller projects (i.e. < $100k) investigation and remediation sites.
Candidates must have the ability to effectively balance billable and non-billable time.
Travel is required and professional registration is preferred.
- Project management, team leadership, management & mentoring of junior staff
- Preparing studies, evaluations, designs, implementation plans, and regulatory documentation for all types and sizes of projects
- Managing investigation and remediation projects through site closure on complex sites
- Develop, cultivate, and strengthening relationships with federal and private industry clients
- Developing business for the ENS Global Practice
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified candidates will have experience in the following areas:
Environmental Remediation, Design, and Engineering
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in natural sciences, planning, environmental sciences, engineering, or related fields
- Minimum 10 years of federal HTRW experience with business development in environmental consulting.
- Previous experience in environmental consulting preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding and current knowledge of applicable remediation technologies and techniques.
- Report, design, and bid package preparation experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage technical projects and lead remediation design efforts.
- Ability to work within a team framework.
- Self-motivation and the ability to multi-task (write reports, analyze data, perform design tasks, etc.) are also a prerequisite.
Desired candidates will have experience identifying opportunities and taking them through the sales process to closure. Strong, established relationships with specific federal agency staff and specific installations is a requirement. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to attract and retain clients and build backlog, revenue, profit, direct labor and ROI over time. This individual must also have program and project management capabilities and be able to effectively balance direct and indirect utilization rates. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are required to develop and maintain relationships. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are a must.
Job Project Management
Primary Location US-MO-Kansas City
About Burns & McDonnell