Burns & McDonnell Senior Architect - GFS in Mumbai, India
Burns & McDonnell India has exciting opportunity for Senior Architect in a managerial role interested in growing their careers in an organization listed among top 10 mid-size Great Places to Work in India. The Mumbai office is looking for an experienced and energetic candidate to join the architectural department of our Global Facilities Global Practice to lead and support architectural design activities on projects mainly in USA. This position is responsible for providing a full range of architectural design services on various facility projects spanning Mission Critical, Manufacturing, Food & Consumer Products, Architectural and Onsite energy verticals. Demonstrate independent decision-making skills in production of construction deliverables and project execution by coordinating with consultants or client(s). The successful candidate will report to the Department Manager and will have the opportunity to manage the architectural team supporting projects on one of the business verticals listed above.
Responsibilities: The Architect will primarily manage a project team of architects and draftsman to create world class design on a variety of projects from concept design through completion of construction. Project focus would be data centers and telecommunications facilities but could include a variety of other facilities including pharmaceutical, biotechnology, healthcare, manufacturing, airports, or institutional facilities in the US. Specific areas of responsibility include the following:
1. Along with the Department Manager, build his/her own team.
2. Team management activities like resource and task planning, appraisals, trainings, etc.
3. Help the project teams work on a variety of design projects from conceptual design through construction administration by coordinating closely with the US client facing team.
4. Developing, modifying, and reviewing production drawings on projects.
5. Working knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, codes, and procedures within the architecture industry.
6. Be a One Point Contact between the US counterparts and the Indian team.
7. Build effective relationships with existing clients to help develop new business opportunities.
8. Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction goals are met.
9. Provide leadership, guidance and instruction to the department.
10. Responsible for Quality process adherence.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Industry: Engineering Consulting
Functional Area: Engineering Design
Role Category: Engineering Design Role: Senior Architect/Manager
Qualifications & Skillset:
1. Bachelor's degree in architecture from accredited program is mandatory.
2. A minimum of 10 years of experience in the field of Architecture.
3. Experience in managing a small team of Architects and draftsmen is mandatory.
4. Strong technical, written, and verbal communication skills are mandatory.
5. Prefer previous experience on Data Centers/healthcare/airport/industrial/institutional facility related projects. Experience with facilities in North America will be an added plus.
6. Ability to work across disciplines of Architecture, Structural, and MEP.
7. Must have ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering plans and specifications.
8. Basic software and computer skills in Revit and AutoCAD.
9. Preferable if a registered architect with Council of Architecture in India.
Primary Location India-Maharashtra-Mumbai
Req ID: 221043